LUBBOCK, Texas - Trency Jackson and Josh Gray each scored 10 points to lead Texas Tech to a 70-56 win over Florida A&M on Monday.
Jordan Tolbert added nine points, 10 rebounds and two blocks for the Red Raiders (7-4). Dejan Kravic had eight points, eight rebounds and two blocks.
Jamie Adams led Florida A&M (4-9) with 22 points and five steals. Reggie Lewis added 10 points for the Rattlers.
The Red Raiders trailed until Trency Jackson's field goal gave them a 20-19 lead with 5:01 left in the first half. That was the only lead change; Texas Tech eventually led 45-28 just over 3 minutes into the second half.
Texas Tech shot 39 percent from the field but made 84 percent from the free-throw line. The Rattlers made 53 percent from the free-throw line.
The Red Raiders open Big 12 Conference play Saturday at TCU.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth