LUBBOCK, Texas - Trency Jackson and Josh Gray each scored 10 points to lead Texas Tech to a 70-56 win over Florida A&M on Monday.
Jordan Tolbert added nine points, 10 rebounds and two blocks for the Red Raiders (7-4). Dejan Kravic had eight points, eight rebounds and two blocks.
Jamie Adams led Florida A&M (4-9) with 22 points and five steals. Reggie Lewis added 10 points for the Rattlers.
The Red Raiders trailed until Trency Jackson's field goal gave them a 20-19 lead with 5:01 left in the first half. That was the only lead change; Texas Tech eventually led 45-28 just over 3 minutes into the second half.
Texas Tech shot 39 percent from the field but made 84 percent from the free-throw line. The Rattlers made 53 percent from the free-throw line.
The Red Raiders open Big 12 Conference play Saturday at TCU.
- Updated Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Updated Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Updated Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Updated Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash