LUBBOCK, Texas - HIGH SCHOOL TENNIS
In girls singles, Abilene high's Erin Walker defeated Riley Reeves of NRH Richland 6-0, 6-4 to advance to the regional finals for the second year in a row.
In girls doubles, the Eagles' Rachel and Emily Funk fell in straight sets of the regional quarterfinals.
Cooper's mixed doubles duo of Dustin Douglas, and Shayne Cook advanced to the regional finals with a 7-5, 6-2 in the regional semifinals.
Day two of the regional tournament continues Tuesday, April 15th in Lubbock.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday