WICHITA, Kansas - A sluggish first half determined the outcome for McMurry University's women's soccer team in a 4-0 loss at Newman University on Thursday afternoon. The Jets (7-9-1) took advantage of the War Hawks' (4-11-1) slow start by scoring all of their goals in the opening period.
In the second 45 minute segment, McM shut down Newman's offense. NU had more shot attempts (16 to 12) than did McMurry and managed to put 10 directly on goal (compared to four on-goal for McM).
Chanel Felder had six saves for McMurry and was charged with all four goals.
Aleria Luna had three of McMurry's shots, with two on goal. Savannah Whitaker also took three shot attempts.
Lyndsie Jacobs, and Destin Connally, each took two shots, while Holiday Williams, and Kristen Grant had one shot each.
For the Jets, Sarenity Gomez scored two of her team's goals, taking just three shot attempts.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire