HOUSTON - Rickie Weeks hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning and Aramis Ramirez added a solo shot in the ninth to lift the Milwaukee Brewers to a 3-1 win over the Houston Astros on Wednesday night.
The Brewers couldn't get anything going against Houston starter Erik Bedard as he threw a season-high 7 1-3 innings. Bedard was replaced by Hector Ambriz (1-4) with a runner on second, and Weeks greeted him with his sixth homer of the year for a 2-1 lead.
John Axford (3-3) struck out two in the seventh for the win. Francisco Rodriguez allowed two hits in a scoreless ninth for his fifth save and the 299th of his career.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco