HOUSTON - Rickie Weeks hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning and Aramis Ramirez added a solo shot in the ninth to lift the Milwaukee Brewers to a 3-1 win over the Houston Astros on Wednesday night.
The Brewers couldn't get anything going against Houston starter Erik Bedard as he threw a season-high 7 1-3 innings. Bedard was replaced by Hector Ambriz (1-4) with a runner on second, and Weeks greeted him with his sixth homer of the year for a 2-1 lead.
John Axford (3-3) struck out two in the seventh for the win. Francisco Rodriguez allowed two hits in a scoreless ninth for his fifth save and the 299th of his career.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account