HOUSTON - Rickie Weeks hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning and Aramis Ramirez added a solo shot in the ninth to lift the Milwaukee Brewers to a 3-1 win over the Houston Astros on Wednesday night.
The Brewers couldn't get anything going against Houston starter Erik Bedard as he threw a season-high 7 1-3 innings. Bedard was replaced by Hector Ambriz (1-4) with a runner on second, and Weeks greeted him with his sixth homer of the year for a 2-1 lead.
John Axford (3-3) struck out two in the seventh for the win. Francisco Rodriguez allowed two hits in a scoreless ninth for his fifth save and the 299th of his career.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi