Tiger Woods' sore left elbow will keep him out of competition until the British Open.
Woods says on his website that he had his left elbow checked out when he returned home from the U.S. Open at Merion. He says doctors found a strain to his left elbow and advised him to take a few weeks off for rest and treatment.
He will not be playing the AT&T National next week at Congressional, which benefits his foundation. Woods is the defending champion at that tournament.
The British Open will be July 18-21 at Muirfield.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend