ABILENE, Texas - The Professional Women in Building of Abilene is sponsoring a "Building Hope" 5K run.
Mitzi Merchant and Krista Wilson visited KTXS This Morning on Thursday to talk about the 5K.
The run takes place at 8 a.m. on Oct. 13 at Redbud park. The first 150 people to register get goody bags.
The Professional Women in Building, also known as PWB, uses the Building Hope Fund to provide local students with college or technical school scholarships. The Building Hope Fund also awards teachers with classroom project awards. There is also an Adopt-A-School program.
You can register online or at one of these locations: Suddenlink at 902 S. Clack, Pest Patrol at 782 E. Hwy 80, First Financial Bank Mortgage Department at 4400 Buffalo Gap Rd, and CBS Insurance at 3005 S. Treadaway Blvd.
For more information, visit http://www.pwbbuildinghope.com/
- Police respond to 911 call at home of murdered Abilene real estate agent
- Updated Oscar nominations 2017: 'La La Land' dominates
- Hailey Dunn to be buried 6 years after disappearance
- Former Abilene Christian University star heading to Super Bowl
- Meth found hidden in Brownwood man's car during traffic stop