ABILENE, Texas - The Professional Women in Building of Abilene is sponsoring a "Building Hope" 5K run.
Mitzi Merchant and Krista Wilson visited KTXS This Morning on Thursday to talk about the 5K.
The run takes place at 8 a.m. on Oct. 13 at Redbud park. The first 150 people to register get goody bags.
The Professional Women in Building, also known as PWB, uses the Building Hope Fund to provide local students with college or technical school scholarships. The Building Hope Fund also awards teachers with classroom project awards. There is also an Adopt-A-School program.
You can register online or at one of these locations: Suddenlink at 902 S. Clack, Pest Patrol at 782 E. Hwy 80, First Financial Bank Mortgage Department at 4400 Buffalo Gap Rd, and CBS Insurance at 3005 S. Treadaway Blvd.
For more information, visit http://www.pwbbuildinghope.com/
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase