ABILENE, Texas - The Professional Women in Building of Abilene is sponsoring a "Building Hope" 5K run.
Mitzi Merchant and Krista Wilson visited KTXS This Morning on Thursday to talk about the 5K.
The run takes place at 8 a.m. on Oct. 13 at Redbud park. The first 150 people to register get goody bags.
The Professional Women in Building, also known as PWB, uses the Building Hope Fund to provide local students with college or technical school scholarships. The Building Hope Fund also awards teachers with classroom project awards. There is also an Adopt-A-School program.
You can register online or at one of these locations: Suddenlink at 902 S. Clack, Pest Patrol at 782 E. Hwy 80, First Financial Bank Mortgage Department at 4400 Buffalo Gap Rd, and CBS Insurance at 3005 S. Treadaway Blvd.
For more information, visit http://www.pwbbuildinghope.com/
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- US Supreme Court refuses appeals from 3 on Texas death row
- Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program