ABILENE, Texas - The Professional Women in Building of Abilene is sponsoring a "Building Hope" 5K run.
Mitzi Merchant and Krista Wilson visited KTXS This Morning on Thursday to talk about the 5K.
The run takes place at 8 a.m. on Oct. 13 at Redbud park. The first 150 people to register get goody bags.
The Professional Women in Building, also known as PWB, uses the Building Hope Fund to provide local students with college or technical school scholarships. The Building Hope Fund also awards teachers with classroom project awards. There is also an Adopt-A-School program.
You can register online or at one of these locations: Suddenlink at 902 S. Clack, Pest Patrol at 782 E. Hwy 80, First Financial Bank Mortgage Department at 4400 Buffalo Gap Rd, and CBS Insurance at 3005 S. Treadaway Blvd.
For more information, visit http://www.pwbbuildinghope.com/
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident