ABILENE, Texas - The Professional Women in Building of Abilene is sponsoring a "Building Hope" 5K run.
Mitzi Merchant and Krista Wilson visited KTXS This Morning on Thursday to talk about the 5K.
The run takes place at 8 a.m. on Oct. 13 at Redbud park. The first 150 people to register get goody bags.
The Professional Women in Building, also known as PWB, uses the Building Hope Fund to provide local students with college or technical school scholarships. The Building Hope Fund also awards teachers with classroom project awards. There is also an Adopt-A-School program.
You can register online or at one of these locations: Suddenlink at 902 S. Clack, Pest Patrol at 782 E. Hwy 80, First Financial Bank Mortgage Department at 4400 Buffalo Gap Rd, and CBS Insurance at 3005 S. Treadaway Blvd.
For more information, visit http://www.pwbbuildinghope.com/
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide