ABILENE, Texas - Look for highs once again to move into the upper 90s for many folks across West Texas. Some western locations may touch or exceed 100 degrees before all is said and done. Southerly winds will blow from 15-20 mph with higher gusts. Mostly sunny skies dominate.
Tonight mostly clear conditions hold over the region while south winds continue at 15-20 mph. Readings fall into the lower to middle 70s by sunrise Friday.
We wrap up the work week on Friday with plentiful sunshine and hot temperatures in the mid to upper 90s. Southerly winds crank it up a notch from 20-30 mph.
Friday night goes mostly fair with overnight lows only dropping into the middle 70s by daybreak Saturday. Southerly flow rolls into West Texas from 20-30 mph.
Sunshine and scattered clouds Saturday will be accompanied by middle and upper 90s heat. Windy conditions are expected as southerly winds come in at 20-30 mph potentially gusting even higher.
Scattered showers and thundershowers along a southward moving cold front should enter our northernmost counties at some point Saturday evening. The slow-moving front is projected to slow down or stall north of the I-20 corridor. Just how much southward progress the showers and thundershowers make before fading in the overnight period heading into Sunday morning remains to be seen.
Nevertheless, additional showers and thundershowers are expected to develop across West Texas during the day Sunday and on into Monday. Obviously, this is still a few days away and future refinements undoubtedly will be needed in the exact timing and placement of any rainfall.
Expect the mercury to reach very warm levels in the lower 90s on Sunday. Additional clouds and precipitation on Monday should hold readings in the mid to upper 80s.
The weather forecast turns back to a mix of clouds and sunshine for Tuesday and Wednesday with temperatures returning to the 90s.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade