ABILENE, Texas - Look for highs once again to move into the upper 90s for many folks across West Texas. Some western locations may touch or exceed 100 degrees before all is said and done. Southerly winds will blow from 15-20 mph with higher gusts. Mostly sunny skies dominate.
Tonight mostly clear conditions hold over the region while south winds continue at 15-20 mph. Readings fall into the lower to middle 70s by sunrise Friday.
We wrap up the work week on Friday with plentiful sunshine and hot temperatures in the mid to upper 90s. Southerly winds crank it up a notch from 20-30 mph.
Friday night goes mostly fair with overnight lows only dropping into the middle 70s by daybreak Saturday. Southerly flow rolls into West Texas from 20-30 mph.
Sunshine and scattered clouds Saturday will be accompanied by middle and upper 90s heat. Windy conditions are expected as southerly winds come in at 20-30 mph potentially gusting even higher.
Scattered showers and thundershowers along a southward moving cold front should enter our northernmost counties at some point Saturday evening. The slow-moving front is projected to slow down or stall north of the I-20 corridor. Just how much southward progress the showers and thundershowers make before fading in the overnight period heading into Sunday morning remains to be seen.
Nevertheless, additional showers and thundershowers are expected to develop across West Texas during the day Sunday and on into Monday. Obviously, this is still a few days away and future refinements undoubtedly will be needed in the exact timing and placement of any rainfall.
Expect the mercury to reach very warm levels in the lower 90s on Sunday. Additional clouds and precipitation on Monday should hold readings in the mid to upper 80s.
The weather forecast turns back to a mix of clouds and sunshine for Tuesday and Wednesday with temperatures returning to the 90s.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash