ABILENE, Texas - Sunshine breaks out today and stays with us throughout the afternoon warming temperatures into the lower to middle 80s. North winds will blow from 10-15 mph.
Mostly clear conditions dominate the weather map for West Texas tonight as readings fall off into the middle 50s.
Sunny skies on Friday will yield to a few afternoon clouds and highs moving into the lower 90s. South winds increase to 15-25 mph as the day unfolds.
Saturday shakes out partly cloudy with a chance for showers and thunderstorms developing in the afternoon and evening along a dryline. Severe weather is a distinct possibility. The mercury makes another run for the lower 90s. South winds blow from 20-25 mph gusting even higher.
Any shower or thunderstorm lingering into the early hours of Sunday will move eastward or dissipate by sunrise. Plentiful sunshine is predicted for the afternoon with temperatures reaching the middle to upper 80s. West winds are expected to be very breezy from 20-30 mph accompanied by higher gusts.
Generous sun will be around on Monday providing for a nice day in the middle 80s.
Partly cloudy and cooler weather takes hold for Tuesday and Wednesday. Readings on Tuesday are projected to top out in the mid 70s while Wednesday keeps the thermometer relegated to the upper 60s to near 70 degrees.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend