ABILENE, Texas - Weather conditions early today are mostly cloudy with a few sprinkles or brief light showers and temperatures in the lower 70s. Southerly winds have been going from 10-15 mph. Most of the significant wet weather has shifted to our north.
As the morning unfolds, sunshine makes an appearance and coupled with breezy south southwest winds at 15-25 mph drives the mercury into the upper 90s by mid-late afternoon. Most of West Texas will remain dry through the day and thus precipitation chances are expected to remain low.
This evening clouds increase and a shower or thunderstorm is possible by the mid-late evening hours as a cold front approaches from the northwest. Winds will shift to the north northeast behind the front and blow from 10-15 mph. Lows drop to around 70 degrees.
Thursday starts off with a few showers and thundershowers in our southeastern zones but a drying trend should commence for all of us as we move along. More clouds than sun is the predicted while highs stay well below normal in the middle to upper 80s. North winds come at us from 10-15 mph.
Moving into Friday we see a mix of sun and clouds and a continued moderate brand of warmth in the upper 80s. No rain chances are in the forecast as of this time.
Sunshine and passing clouds look to be the rule over the weekend as highs range from 90 to the lower 90s.
Further warming should continue into the first parts of next week as plentiful sunshine runs the thermometer closer to normal in the mid 90s for Monday and Tuesday.
- 6 cows killed, deputy hurt in suspected drunk driving crash
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday
- Texas wife sentenced to prison for killing officer husband
- Kidnapped Border Patrol agent says he feared for family
- 3-year-old boy dies after he's found in hot car in Texas
- State cornhole championship held in Abilene
- 5 car wreck on Winters Freeway, 1 injured
- 24-hour amateur radio field day taking place this weekend
- 2 taken to Abilene hospital after vehicle strikes go-kart
- CityLink addresses driver shortage with pay bump
- Friends of the Library raises over $60,000 at annual Abilene book sale
- Amputee golf tournament taking place at Lake Brownwood
- Owner of Brownwood restaurant and motel disputes $97,000 fine for health violations
- Budget shortfall affecting maintenance at Texas state parks
- Brownwood ISD, emergency agencies conduct response drills
- Early ISD continuing research on proposal to arm teachers, staff
- 4th of July celebrations around the Big Country
- Area's best showcase their stuff in the State Lineman Challenge
- Train derailed by strong winds in Mitchell County
- More than 100 barrels of oil stolen from Nolan County drilling company
- Brownwood battles heat, snags 7-on-7 state spot in duel with Merkel
- Wanted Wednesday: Abilene police looking for 2 capital murder suspects
- Police arrest 2 Abilene men for stealing car, breaking into 'numerous' vehicles in Merkel