ABILENE, Texas - Weather conditions early today are mostly cloudy with a few sprinkles or brief light showers and temperatures in the lower 70s. Southerly winds have been going from 10-15 mph. Most of the significant wet weather has shifted to our north.
As the morning unfolds, sunshine makes an appearance and coupled with breezy south southwest winds at 15-25 mph drives the mercury into the upper 90s by mid-late afternoon. Most of West Texas will remain dry through the day and thus precipitation chances are expected to remain low.
This evening clouds increase and a shower or thunderstorm is possible by the mid-late evening hours as a cold front approaches from the northwest. Winds will shift to the north northeast behind the front and blow from 10-15 mph. Lows drop to around 70 degrees.
Thursday starts off with a few showers and thundershowers in our southeastern zones but a drying trend should commence for all of us as we move along. More clouds than sun is the predicted while highs stay well below normal in the middle to upper 80s. North winds come at us from 10-15 mph.
Moving into Friday we see a mix of sun and clouds and a continued moderate brand of warmth in the upper 80s. No rain chances are in the forecast as of this time.
Sunshine and passing clouds look to be the rule over the weekend as highs range from 90 to the lower 90s.
Further warming should continue into the first parts of next week as plentiful sunshine runs the thermometer closer to normal in the mid 90s for Monday and Tuesday.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer