ABILENE, Texas - Another warm and breezy start is what we have on this Friday morning in the Big Country. Temperatures are in the middle to upper 70s and winds have been going from the south around 15 mph. Skies are clear.
This afternoon mainly sunny weather pushes readings into the upper 90s. Southerly winds again roll into West Texas from 15-25 mph.
Tonight conditions remain clear, breezy, and warm. The mercury only drops into the upper 70s by daybreak Saturday.
Saturday afternoon sunshine is to work through a pattern of high clouds. The thermometer heads for the upper 90s. Southerly flow comes at us from 15-20 mph.
The weather stays dry on Sunday and winds will lessen a bit at 10-15 mph from a southerly direction. Expect generous sunshine and upper 90s.
Monday and Tuesday look to play out with large amounts of sun and passing clouds. Temperatures head for the upper 90s on both afternoons. Southeast winds blow around 10 mph.
A mix of sun and clouds is predicted for Wednesday. A weak cold front may approach the northern Big Country and provide a chance for a shower during the afternoon or evening. Highs reach the mid to upper 90s.
Clouds increase for the rest of West Texas on Thursday and a chance for afternoon and evening thundershowers will be with us. Readings hit the lower 90s.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family