ABILENE, Texas - Another warm and breezy start is what we have on this Friday morning in the Big Country. Temperatures are in the middle to upper 70s and winds have been going from the south around 15 mph. Skies are clear.
This afternoon mainly sunny weather pushes readings into the upper 90s. Southerly winds again roll into West Texas from 15-25 mph.
Tonight conditions remain clear, breezy, and warm. The mercury only drops into the upper 70s by daybreak Saturday.
Saturday afternoon sunshine is to work through a pattern of high clouds. The thermometer heads for the upper 90s. Southerly flow comes at us from 15-20 mph.
The weather stays dry on Sunday and winds will lessen a bit at 10-15 mph from a southerly direction. Expect generous sunshine and upper 90s.
Monday and Tuesday look to play out with large amounts of sun and passing clouds. Temperatures head for the upper 90s on both afternoons. Southeast winds blow around 10 mph.
A mix of sun and clouds is predicted for Wednesday. A weak cold front may approach the northern Big Country and provide a chance for a shower during the afternoon or evening. Highs reach the mid to upper 90s.
Clouds increase for the rest of West Texas on Thursday and a chance for afternoon and evening thundershowers will be with us. Readings hit the lower 90s.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash