ABILENE, Texas - Early today we have cooler temperatures in the upper 60s to around 70 degrees with cloudy skies in place. Rainfall has moved out of our region. Look for more clouds than sun through the morning hours.
This afternoon mostly cloudy weather should yield to a bit of sunshine. Readings are predicted to reach no higher than the middle 80s. This is about 10 degrees below normal. Winds blow from the north northeast at 10-15 mph.
Look for partly sunny skies on Friday across West Texas. The mercury works into the upper 80s. Winds blow from the north at 10 mph.
The weekend should see sunshine and passing clouds. The mercury heads into the lower 90s. East winds blow light from 5-10 mph.
The warm-up will continue into the middle parts of next week when highs once again respond into the middle 90s.
- Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash