ABILENE, Texas - Good Saturday evening everyone! We recorded rainfall in some locations across West Texas on this first half of the weekend. Scattered showers of the mainly light to moderate variety were seen this morning especially in the southern half of the viewing area. Over one half inch of water fell in San Angelo with the early morning slug of precipitation.
As for this afternoon, a few isolated showers have been observed area wide. Most spots, however, have stayed dry in recent hours. Mostly cloudy sky conditions have been in control while the mercury has only managed to rise into the lower 80s.
Spotty showers will be around this evening under expansive cloud cover. Lows drop into the lower 70s by Sunday morning. South winds come at us around 10 mph.
Some indications show a few showers trying to break out in our extreme eastern counties in the early morning hours. Otherwise, Sunday looks to shake out dry and much warmer. Sunshine pushes readings into the lower 90s. Winds will be quite breezy from the south at 15-20 mph.
Overnight Sunday into Monday morning a round of showers and thundershowers will be possible with the first of several disturbances rolling nearby West Texas. A mix of sun and clouds is in store for Monday afternoon along with a renewed chance for a late day shower or storm to occur. The thermometer reads around 90 by day's end. Breezy conditions continue.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible Monday night into Tuesday morning. Dry hours are predicted for Tuesday before additional scattered activity returns by evening. Readings reach the upper 80s.
Anticipate a general partly sunny sky for Wednesday through Saturday as isolated afternoon thundershowers may develop each afternoon. Our eastern counties appear to have the highest chances for any measurable wet weather.
Stay tuned to KTXS throughout the week for updates on a forecast that keeps the rain chances frequent.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated