ABILENE, Texas - Today we are tracking partly sunny skies along with a chance for a few scattered showers to develop into the afternoon and evening hours.
Severe weather is not expected. High temperatures will be held in the middle 60s. North winds remain breezy from 15-20 mph.
Tonight any wet weather will end during the evening giving way to clearing conditions heading into Wednesday morning. Chilly lows are forecast to drop into the middle 40s. North winds continue at 10-15 mph.
Skies become sunny on Wednesday and readings return to the lower 70s. North winds come into the region from 10-20 mph with higher gusts.
Thursday gives us partly cloudy weather with sunshine pushing the mercury back above 80 degrees by afternoon. Look for highs in the lower 80s with west southwest winds at 10-15 mph.
Plentiful sunshine resumes on Friday along with additional progress in our latest warming trend. Temperatures head for the middle 80s before all is said and done. South winds blow relatively light to wrap up the work week.
At this point the weekend looks mainly sunny and much warmer as a new heat dome shifts closer from the desert southwest. There will be a sharp contrast between heat building near the Texas / New Mexico border and not nearly as hot air in eastern portions of Texas. Just how far east the heat spreads will determine how warm we get later this week. Nevertheless, the current forecast has southerly winds become breezy helping to surge readings into the 90s.
The above normal temperatures and dry pattern should hold into the first parts of next week. There are some hints that the dryline tries to become active through our western counties by the middle of next week. This is still many days away and we have much time to follow any potential thunderstorms that may try to form down the line.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer