ABILENE, Texas - Weather conditions this morning are mostly clear and warm around West Texas. Temperatures are in the lower to mid 70s while wind speeds remain rather light from 5-10 mph.
This afternoon under a mix of clouds and sun we will have a slight chance for another very isolated heat of the day shower or thundershower to develop once again. Most folks, however, will stay dry on the middle day of the work week. The mercury reaches the middle 90s. South winds blow from 10-15 mph.
Tonight skies turn mostly clear once again and readings slowly fall into the middle 70s by Thursday morning.
Thursday goes partly cloudy with a good deal of sunshine area wide. The thermometer tops out in the mid to upper 90s. Winds get a touch breezier from 15-20 mph.
More expansive sunshine and less afternoon cloud cover starts to dominate the weather pattern beginning Friday as the center of upper level high pressure slides a bit closer to West Texas.
This will effectively end the miniscule rain chances we have seen in recent days and weeks and allow temperatures to approach or exceed triple digit territory heading forward.
Officially, Friday shakes out mostly sunny with a high in the mid to upper 90s.
Saturday and Sunday provide generous sunshine for the entire region. The mercury tops out in the upper 90s on Saturday while triple digits are in play for the back half of the weekend.
Sunshine with just a few passing clouds can be expected on into Monday and Tuesday of next week. Hot weather persists with afternoon highs working very near the century mark.
- Updated Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Abilene city manager proposes study of tiered water rates
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash