ABILENE, Texas - Early this morning skies are variably cloudy and readings begin around 70 for most areas. East winds have been going from 5-10 mph.
The best chance for a shower or thundershower on this Tuesday will be during the afternoon hours. Similarly to Monday, coverage should be fairly limited. Highs head for the lower to mid 90s under a general partly sunny sky condition. Southeast winds blow from 10-15 mph.
Tonight variably cloudy skies may yield an isolated evening thundershower. Another chance for wet weather will arrive along the leading edge of a warm front in the overnight hours. Lows drop into the lower to middle 70s. Southeast winds continue around 10 mph.
Wednesday looks to shake out hot and dry-slotted for West Central Texas as a disturbance moves just off to our north. Breezy south southwesterly winds around low pressure will pump very warm air into our region. Look for highs around 100 degrees with a good deal of sunshine.
The cold front associated with this weather impulse now looks to swing through West Texas late Wednesday night. Scattered showers and thundershowers will be possible as the front moves southward through West Texas.
Morning clouds give way to afternoon sunshine on Thursday. The mercury reaches the middle to upper 80s.
We are now going with a dry forecast for Friday and Saturday as the deepest moisture will be relegated south and east of the viewing area. The thermometer heads for the upper 80s to near 90 degrees.
Sunday and Monday also keep us dry under partly cloudy skies. Readings head for the lower 90s.
- Updated Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer