ABILENE, Texas - Friday morning is here! Skies are cloudy and temperatures are in the mid to upper 60s across West Texas. Winds are out of the north northeast at 5-10 mph.
This afternoon clouds will be mixed with a bit of sunshine. Highs stay below normal in the middle 80s. East winds blow around 10 mph.
A warming trend gets underway on Saturday. Partly cloudy skies are expected along with readings working into the lower 90s. Southeast breezes come at us from 10-15 mph.
Sunday sees a spike in temperatures into the middle 90s under mostly sunny conditions. South southeast winds blow from 10-20 mph.
Monday and Tuesday we track plentiful sunshine and continued July warmth in the upper 90s. Southerly winds remain breezy.
Look for plentiful sunshine and a few passing clouds at most on Wednesday and Thursday. The mercury tops out in the upper 90s. Rain chances stay low through the period.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting