ABILENE, Texas - Folks, it's Thursday morning! Early today we are tracking a partly sunny to mostly cloudy sky in Abilene and temperatures near 70 degrees. Scattered showers and thundershowers have been occurring in the northern half of our viewing area producing heavy rainfall.
This afternoon the mercury rebounds into the upper 80s to around 90 degrees under continued partly sunny to mostly cloudy conditions. Scattered showers and thundershowers remain in the forecast.
The focus for rainfall will again be north of I-20 but our southern sections are still fair game for a shower or thundershower. Wind speeds look to remain light out of the east around 10 mph except for stronger gusts within localized thundershowers.
Friday shakes out partly cloudy and dry for most areas. A slight chance for a thunderstorm exists in our extreme eastern counties. Highs climb into the lower 90s.
Saturday begins a multi-day stretch of dry weather along with very warm temperatures across the viewing area. Expect partly cloudy skies and a high in the lower 90s.
Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday all look very similar as hot air in the middle 90s takes up residence across West Texas. Rain chances look very low at present.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family