ABILENE, Texas - The weather early on today is much quieter across West Texas than we have seen the past couple of mornings. Mostly clear skies are common and temperatures are in the lower to middle 70s. South winds have been blowing between 10 and 15 mph.
This afternoon mostly sunny weather is expected along with better warming than previous afternoons. Highs reach the lower to middle 90s. Winds are to be quite breezy from the south at 15-25 mph.
Tonight fair skies take us into Thursday morning. Lows bottom out in the mid 70s. South winds go around 15 mph.
Thursday turns out plentiful sunshine and readings get back into the middle 90s. Southerly breezes continue brisk from 15-25 mph.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday look to shake out tranquil as generous sunshine and minimal cloud cover allow temperatures to hit the upper 90s each afternoon. Mainly clear conditions can be expected during the overnights with lows in the middle 70s. Southerly flow stays breezy on Friday and Saturday at 10-20 mph. Winds relax a bit by the back half of the weekend and turn southeasterly.
Monday and Tuesday should maintain the dry and warm weather pattern for us. Expect the mercury to reach the mid-upper 90s under sunshine and mixed clouds. Lighter southeast winds near 10 mph are predicted.
- Updated Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Updated Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking scattered cloud cover with low to mid-80s for the work week
- Abilene locations to offer early voting Monday
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated