ABILENE, Texas - The weather early on today is much quieter across West Texas than we have seen the past couple of mornings. Mostly clear skies are common and temperatures are in the lower to middle 70s. South winds have been blowing between 10 and 15 mph.
This afternoon mostly sunny weather is expected along with better warming than previous afternoons. Highs reach the lower to middle 90s. Winds are to be quite breezy from the south at 15-25 mph.
Tonight fair skies take us into Thursday morning. Lows bottom out in the mid 70s. South winds go around 15 mph.
Thursday turns out plentiful sunshine and readings get back into the middle 90s. Southerly breezes continue brisk from 15-25 mph.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday look to shake out tranquil as generous sunshine and minimal cloud cover allow temperatures to hit the upper 90s each afternoon. Mainly clear conditions can be expected during the overnights with lows in the middle 70s. Southerly flow stays breezy on Friday and Saturday at 10-20 mph. Winds relax a bit by the back half of the weekend and turn southeasterly.
Monday and Tuesday should maintain the dry and warm weather pattern for us. Expect the mercury to reach the mid-upper 90s under sunshine and mixed clouds. Lighter southeast winds near 10 mph are predicted.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase