ABILENE, Texas - Good Monday morning! Today we expect mostly sunny skies and a high near our normal for the date of 71 degrees. South winds this morning will shift around to the north this afternoon but remain light from 5-10 mph.
Tonight just scattered clouds will be with us as overnight lows drop down to chilly levels in the upper 30s. Northeast winds come in at 10 mph.
Mainly sunny weather is in the forecast for Tuesday. Temperatures reach the lower to middle 60s.
Clouds increase overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning as our next low pressure system approaches from the west. Scattered showers become possible in the hours before sunrise. Lows bottom out in the middle 40s.
Look for a lot of clouds on the middle day of the work week. Morning scattered showers and isolated thundershowers will begin to move eastward by mid-afternoon. Winds from the south will be very breezy at 20-25 mph gusting even higher. Readings do not warm much higher than the lower 60s.
Any morning clouds on Thursday will be quickly followed by strong warming and increasing sunshine for the afternoon. Breezy west winds push the mercury into the lower 80s before all is said and done.
Mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies dominate the Friday through Sunday period. Warm temperatures carry into the weekend. Middle and upper 70s on Friday will be followed by middle 70s on Saturday. We get back close to 80 degrees if not higher by the back half of the weekend.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer