ABILENE, Texas - Good Thursday morning everyone! Early today we have seen heavy showers and strong thunderstorms across West Texas. This activity will be winding down through the morning hours and we should even see some clearing from west to east for the afternoon. Look for highs around 90 degrees with southwest winds from 15-20 mph.
Tonight skies will be mostly clear with lows bottoming out in the upper 50s. South southwest winds blow from 10-15 mph.
Friday turns out mostly sunny with continued warmer than normal readings. Friday gets up to around 90 degrees.
The first half of the weekend pushes into the middle 90s under a good deal of sunshine. A very isolated afternoon dryline thunderstorm cannot be ruled out. Southerly winds start to get breezy by Saturday afternoon.
A mix of sun and clouds is expected for Sunday with a slight chance for an afternoon dryline thunderstorm developing. The mercury soars into the middle 90s. Winds come at us from the south at 15-20 mph.
A strong cold front sweeps through the region early on Monday and brings with it a chance for showers and thunderstorms. Any wet weather should be moving east of us by Tuesday. Highs top out in the middle to upper 70s.
Tuesday goes partly cloudy with continued cooler air in the mid 70s.
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says