ABILENE, Texas - Today much quieter weather is predicted for all of West Texas. We are beginning with clear skies and sunshine is expected to be around into the evening. A few afternoon clouds will likely develop in central and western areas but no rain chances are included. The mercury reaches the middle 90s. East winds are projected to blow from 10-15 mph.
This evening mostly clear conditions carry through the overnight as southeast winds remain light at 5-10 mph. Lows fall to around 70 degrees by daybreak Thursday.
Look for expansive sunshine on Thursday afternoon blasting readings into the upper 90s. Southeast winds go at 10-15 mph.
Minimal cloud cover and generous sun is in store for the last day of the workweek. The thermometer makes a run for the century mark. Southerly winds stay a bit breezy and blow from 10-15 mph.
Both Saturday and Sunday give mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies. Temperatures reach into the upper 90s to near 100 degrees. A slight chance for an afternoon shower or thundershower emerges on the back half of the weekend. Breezy south winds roll through the period at 10-15 mph.
Hot weather sticks and stays for Monday as well. Readings top out in the upper 90s. Another heat of the day (afternoon) pop-up thundershower may occur. South southeasterly flow comes at us from 10-15 mph.
Tuesday keeps things dry for West Central Texas. A mix of sun and clouds is likely while south winds will be noticeably breezy at 10-20 mph. The mercury once again heads for the upper 90s.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer