ABILENE, Texas - Plentiful sunshine is expected to warm temperatures this Thursday morning into the upper 80s by the noon hour. Southerly winds continue breezy from the south early today and will increase to 15-20 mph as we move along.
Partly cloudy conditions are projected for the afternoon along with highs climbing into the mid 90s. A slight chance exists for a shower in our southern counties.
Tonight we fall into the lower to mid 70s under mostly fair skies. South winds back off to near 10 mph by daybreak Friday.
A warm and dry Friday is predicted under a mix of sun and clouds. The mercury pushes into the mid 90s. Southeast winds come into West Texas at 10-15 mph.
A cold front looks to arrive in the northern Big Country early Saturday morning. It is possible a few showers or thundershowers may accompany the frontal boundary as it slowly proceeds southward. Overnight lows drop back into the lower 70s for most of us.
Saturday afternoon isolated to scattered thundershowers should develop within West Texas in the vicinity of the weakening cold front. Otherwise, partly sunny skies can be expected. Some of us will stay dry. Readings top out around 90 degrees.
Isolated activity may develop on Sunday afternoon as well but coverage should be rather limited. The thermometer again stops near 90 degrees.
Drier and warmer weather resumes for the first part of next workweek. Lower to mid 90s will be felt on Monday while middle to upper 90s blast in for Tuesday. Southerly winds strengthen through this period to 10-20 mph.
Wednesday gives sunshine followed by building cumulus clouds and a slight chance for afternoon and evening isolated showers and thundershowers with the approach of our latest cold front. South winds turn northerly and remain a bit breezy from 10-15 mph.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities