ABILENE, Texas - Plentiful sunshine is expected to warm temperatures this Thursday morning into the upper 80s by the noon hour. Southerly winds continue breezy from the south early today and will increase to 15-20 mph as we move along.
Partly cloudy conditions are projected for the afternoon along with highs climbing into the mid 90s. A slight chance exists for a shower in our southern counties.
Tonight we fall into the lower to mid 70s under mostly fair skies. South winds back off to near 10 mph by daybreak Friday.
A warm and dry Friday is predicted under a mix of sun and clouds. The mercury pushes into the mid 90s. Southeast winds come into West Texas at 10-15 mph.
A cold front looks to arrive in the northern Big Country early Saturday morning. It is possible a few showers or thundershowers may accompany the frontal boundary as it slowly proceeds southward. Overnight lows drop back into the lower 70s for most of us.
Saturday afternoon isolated to scattered thundershowers should develop within West Texas in the vicinity of the weakening cold front. Otherwise, partly sunny skies can be expected. Some of us will stay dry. Readings top out around 90 degrees.
Isolated activity may develop on Sunday afternoon as well but coverage should be rather limited. The thermometer again stops near 90 degrees.
Drier and warmer weather resumes for the first part of next workweek. Lower to mid 90s will be felt on Monday while middle to upper 90s blast in for Tuesday. Southerly winds strengthen through this period to 10-20 mph.
Wednesday gives sunshine followed by building cumulus clouds and a slight chance for afternoon and evening isolated showers and thundershowers with the approach of our latest cold front. South winds turn northerly and remain a bit breezy from 10-15 mph.
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash