ABILENE, Texas - Early today on this last day of the workweek we have partly cloudy skies and cool temperatures in the lower to middle 60s. Northerly breezes helped bring below normal readings into West Central Texas yesterday but close to calm conditions are being seen this morning for most folks.
This afternoon sunshine and passing clouds are in the forecast. The mercury works into the upper 80s before all is said and done. Northeast winds will blow from 10-15 mph. No rain chances are in the forecast.
The outlook for this coming weekend is a good one! Saturday turns out partly cloudy while Sunday offers mostly sunny skies. Expect a high near 90 on Saturday and tack on a couple more degrees for Sunday. East winds come at us around 10 mph.
The slow warming trend continues into next week as dry conditions and plentiful sunshine dominate the weather pattern. Monday goes mostly sunny and warm with temperatures topping out in the lower to mid 90s.
Generous amounts of August sun blast readings into the middle 90s for Tuesday and Wednesday. Rain chances are not included.
A few more clouds may increase for Thursday as a cold front approaches with our next chance for showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening hours. It is worth noting that there are differences in the computer models as to how things will play out late next week. Some indications keep the cold front well north of us and thus dry on Thursday and into the following weekend.
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon