ABILENE, Texas - Today we expect mostly sunny skies and highs in the middle 60s. North winds will shift to the east southeast this afternoon at 10-15 mph.
Tonight clouds begin to increase as we move through the late evening hours and we bring in a chance for scattered showers in the early morning of Wednesday. Lows drop into the middle 40s.
Showers and an isolated thunderstorm are in the forecast through the early afternoon hours of Wednesday. Expect mostly cloudy weather on average through the day though some sunshine may try to break out in western areas before all is said and done. Look for highs in the mid 60s. Winds will be very breezy from the south at 15-25 gusting to 35 mph.
Variably cloudy conditions linger into Wednesday night while temperatures stay very mild in the overnight hours around 60 degrees. South winds continue to roll in from 20-25 mph with higher gusts.
Sunshine breaks out on Thursday and the mercury soars into the middle 80s. Winds become westerly and crank at 15-25 mph.
The Friday through Sunday time frame continues to look very nice with plentiful sunshine in the forecast. Intervals of high cloudiness can be expected on Sunday. Readings in the lower 80s on Friday will be followed by middle 70s Saturday and middle 80s for Sunday.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth