ABILENE, Texas - Today we expect mostly sunny skies and highs in the middle 60s. North winds will shift to the east southeast this afternoon at 10-15 mph.
Tonight clouds begin to increase as we move through the late evening hours and we bring in a chance for scattered showers in the early morning of Wednesday. Lows drop into the middle 40s.
Showers and an isolated thunderstorm are in the forecast through the early afternoon hours of Wednesday. Expect mostly cloudy weather on average through the day though some sunshine may try to break out in western areas before all is said and done. Look for highs in the mid 60s. Winds will be very breezy from the south at 15-25 gusting to 35 mph.
Variably cloudy conditions linger into Wednesday night while temperatures stay very mild in the overnight hours around 60 degrees. South winds continue to roll in from 20-25 mph with higher gusts.
Sunshine breaks out on Thursday and the mercury soars into the middle 80s. Winds become westerly and crank at 15-25 mph.
The Friday through Sunday time frame continues to look very nice with plentiful sunshine in the forecast. Intervals of high cloudiness can be expected on Sunday. Readings in the lower 80s on Friday will be followed by middle 70s Saturday and middle 80s for Sunday.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field