ABILENE, Texas - Good Friday morning! The hottest day of the week so far looks to be on the way this afternoon as the mercury climbs to near 100 degrees for many locations within West Texas. Skies will be mostly sunny and rain chances are not included in the forecast today. Winds blow from the south at around 10 mph.
Tonight turns out mostly fair and warm. Readings slowly settle back down through the 90s and 80s heading for an eventual low in the middle 70s. Winds stay light from the south at 5-10 mph.
Our weekend looks to put two sunny and hot days together for all of West Central Texas. The thermometer should register triple digits or very close to it for everyone within our region. Southerly flow comes at us from 10-15 mph.
Monday goes partly cloudy and continued very warm as highs head for the middle 90s. A cold front looks to turn winds to an easterly direction in the morning and may provide a spark for a few late day isolated thunderstorms particularly in northern areas. Many hours will be dry on the first day of the work week.
Differences in the models begin to arise by the midweek period with regards to rain chances. This will also have a huge impact on the temperature forecast. Nevertheless, scattered thunderstorms are expected to develop at various intervals from Tuesday on through the end of the work week. Recent indications keep most rainfall off to our north into northern Texas and Oklahoma, but previous runs of the models had put us in line to receive some scattered activity.
As of now we will call for highs in the lower 90s on Tuesday and Wednesday trending even lower than that for Thursday and Friday.
Stay with KTXS for future updates on next week's forecast as changes will very definitely be needed. We will have all of them for you.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer