ABILENE, Texas - Our Monday and first day of school for many opens up with mostly clear skies along with warm readings in the middle 70s. South winds have been going around 10 mph.
Sunshine is to be plentiful through the morning hours warming temperatures to above 90 degrees by noontime. A few afternoon clouds will bubble up but a dry forecast remains in tact. The mercury tops out around 100 degrees. Winds go from the south at 10-15 mph.
Tonight mostly fair weather is predicted across the region as lows fall into the middle 70s by daybreak Tuesday. South southeasterly flow relaxes into the 5-10 mph range.
Tuesday starts with sunny skies and brings in a few passing afternoon clouds. Conditions remain dry while the thermometer takes another run into the upper 90s. Winds become east southeast and blow from 10-15 mph.
A mix of sun and clouds is in the forecast for Wednesday. There will be a slight chance for an afternoon or early evening pop-up thundershower mainly in our southeastern counties. Highs reach the middle 90s. Southeasterly winds roll in at 10-15 mph.
We continue to track an upper-level disturbance moving in our general direction for later Thursday into Friday and Saturday. Computer models are still trying to get a handle on the timing and movement of this weather item.
Slight rain chances emerge for Thursday afternoon in our western counties. Scattered showers and thundershowers are likely for Friday and Saturday area wide. Stay tuned to KTXS in the days ahead as this later workweek time frame more than likely will need some fine tuning.
Sunday shakes out drier and warmer with temperatures rebounding back into the middle 90s. Winds begin to crank it up from the south at 10-20 mph.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer