ABILENE, Texas - This morning partly cloudy skies and temperatures near 70 degrees are greeting us out the door. Readings will work into the lower 90s this afternoon under a mix of sun and clouds. South winds blow from 15-25 mph.
Isolated to scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop late afternoon and early evening along a dryline slicing through West Texas. Storms that develop have the potential to reach severe limits.
Tonight any storms that are ongoing should begin to wane by late evening. Lows drop into the upper 60s.
Another bout of thunderstorms is forecast to blossom in the early morning hours of Thursday and move slowly eastward through the area.
Morning clouds and precipitation give way to clearing by Thursday afternoon. Temperatures will be more tolerable in the upper 80s. West winds come at us from 15-25 mph.
A partly sunny start to Friday leads into an afternoon with plentiful sunshine. Look for the thermometer to register a number in the mid to upper 80s. Wind speeds are projected to be considerably lighter on the last day of the work week.
Weekend conditions are looking fantastic if you like it hot with mostly sunny skies predicted and highs both afternoons making it into the middle 90s.
A strong cold front approaches West Texas late morning Monday and turns things cooler for the first couple days of next week. A round of showers and thunderstorms may accompany the frontal passage. Partly sunny skies on Monday become mostly sunny by Tuesday. Expect highs in the upper 70s to near 80 degrees.
- LIVE Emails found during Weiner probe prompted FBI Clinton review
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- United Supermarket on South 14th Street robbed, suspect sought
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking