ABILENE, Texas - This morning partly cloudy skies and temperatures near 70 degrees are greeting us out the door. Readings will work into the lower 90s this afternoon under a mix of sun and clouds. South winds blow from 15-25 mph.
Isolated to scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop late afternoon and early evening along a dryline slicing through West Texas. Storms that develop have the potential to reach severe limits.
Tonight any storms that are ongoing should begin to wane by late evening. Lows drop into the upper 60s.
Another bout of thunderstorms is forecast to blossom in the early morning hours of Thursday and move slowly eastward through the area.
Morning clouds and precipitation give way to clearing by Thursday afternoon. Temperatures will be more tolerable in the upper 80s. West winds come at us from 15-25 mph.
A partly sunny start to Friday leads into an afternoon with plentiful sunshine. Look for the thermometer to register a number in the mid to upper 80s. Wind speeds are projected to be considerably lighter on the last day of the work week.
Weekend conditions are looking fantastic if you like it hot with mostly sunny skies predicted and highs both afternoons making it into the middle 90s.
A strong cold front approaches West Texas late morning Monday and turns things cooler for the first couple days of next week. A round of showers and thunderstorms may accompany the frontal passage. Partly sunny skies on Monday become mostly sunny by Tuesday. Expect highs in the upper 70s to near 80 degrees.
- Retired Texas teachers' health care premiums projected to double
- Updated Abilene mayor says city playing 'catch up' on roads
- Updated Teen flown to Abilene hospital after Sweetwater rollover crash
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm, quiet conditions to finish the week
- Updated Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Abilene ISD bus barn ransacked during break-in
- Dyess Big Country AirFest to arrive at Abilene Regional Airport
- Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Jury finds Abilene mother guilty of intentionally starving baby
- Country stars headed to Abilene for Outlaws and Legends music festival
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency