ABILENE, Texas - Good Saturday evening everyone! Conditions have been very nice on this first half of the weekend as temperatures ran several degrees below normal under partly cloudy skies. Wind speeds have been relatively light around 10 mph out of the southeast.
Through this evening, mostly fair weather will be the rule across most of the region. A complex of showers and storms developing in the Texas Panhandle will dive southeast towards our northwestern counties in the overnight period but should be fading quickly as it runs into high pressure aloft over West Texas. It is conceivable added cloud cover or a scattered shower gets into these far northwestern areas overnight. Lows bottom out in the lower 70s and winds blow from the south around 10 mph.
Sunday turns out mostly sunny and warm and the mercury makes further progress into the middle 90s. Southerly winds pick it up just a bit from 10-15 mph. The air will be humid but no rain chances have been included.
The forecast into next week remains unchanged. We continue to track a weather pattern that builds the eastern side of a large ridge of high pressure into West Texas. This means minimal cloud cover and hot temperatures rule the 7-day.
Monday goes sunny and dry in the upper 90s. Tuesday churns out upper 90s as well. Triple digits are possible from Wednesday through next weekend.
Long range guidance does bring a cold front out of the Central Plains and into our vicinity just beyond this time frame. It is possible we could return to northwest flow aloft and slight thunderstorm chances toward days 8 through 10 of the forecast period.
Obviously, this is a long ways out into the future and many things can change. Stay with KTXS we will be keeping a close eye on the maps and have the latest updates in coming days.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth