ABILENE, Texas - Good Saturday evening everyone! Conditions have been very nice on this first half of the weekend as temperatures ran several degrees below normal under partly cloudy skies. Wind speeds have been relatively light around 10 mph out of the southeast.
Through this evening, mostly fair weather will be the rule across most of the region. A complex of showers and storms developing in the Texas Panhandle will dive southeast towards our northwestern counties in the overnight period but should be fading quickly as it runs into high pressure aloft over West Texas. It is conceivable added cloud cover or a scattered shower gets into these far northwestern areas overnight. Lows bottom out in the lower 70s and winds blow from the south around 10 mph.
Sunday turns out mostly sunny and warm and the mercury makes further progress into the middle 90s. Southerly winds pick it up just a bit from 10-15 mph. The air will be humid but no rain chances have been included.
The forecast into next week remains unchanged. We continue to track a weather pattern that builds the eastern side of a large ridge of high pressure into West Texas. This means minimal cloud cover and hot temperatures rule the 7-day.
Monday goes sunny and dry in the upper 90s. Tuesday churns out upper 90s as well. Triple digits are possible from Wednesday through next weekend.
Long range guidance does bring a cold front out of the Central Plains and into our vicinity just beyond this time frame. It is possible we could return to northwest flow aloft and slight thunderstorm chances toward days 8 through 10 of the forecast period.
Obviously, this is a long ways out into the future and many things can change. Stay with KTXS we will be keeping a close eye on the maps and have the latest updates in coming days.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program