ABILENE, Texas - Good Wednesday everyone! Today we are tracking the coolest day of the week as high temperatures are only expected to reach the upper 60s. Mostly sunny skies are in the forecast today with north winds remaining breezy from 10-20 mph with higher gusts possible.
Tonight mainly fair conditions are predicted with winds becoming light and lows dropping to around 40 degrees by daybreak Thursday. Look for a few clouds to increase overnight.
Thursday turns out partly cloudy and readings work back into the lower 70s. North winds will be on the lighter side around 10 mph.
A few clouds may linger into the first half of Friday but sunshine becomes more plentiful by the early afternoon hours. Warmer temperatures in the upper 70s to near 80 degrees are likely.
Much more significant warming arrives over the weekend and into early next week. Skies look to stay mostly sunny from Saturday through the Tuesday time frame.
The mercury reaches the mid to upper 80s on Saturday followed by lower 90s on Sunday. Full blown heat may be in store for Monday and Tuesday as latest guidance puts us into at least the middle 90s.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range