ABILENE, Texas - Happy Friday everyone! This morning we are tracking overcast skies across West Texas. Areas of fog, mist, and drizzle have been seen overnight but that activity will be on the wane through the morning hours. Temperatures are around 50 degrees for most of us with winds from the northeast at 5-10 mph.
This afternoon breaks in the cloud deck will yield to some sunshine along with rising readings into the lower 70s. Winds are expected to shift to the southeast late in the day but remain light from 5-10 mph.
A mix of sun and clouds will be around on Saturday as the mercury takes aim for the 80 degree mark. A weather disturbance approaching from the west waits until late in the evening to deliver any wet weather our way. Winds are forecast to be breezy from the southeast at 10-20 mph throughout the day.
The best chance of scattered showers and thundershowers appears to be overnight Saturday into Easter Sunday. A stronger storm is also a possibility during the heating of the day on the back half of the weekend. Highs on Sunday top out around 80 degrees. Southerly winds blow from 10-20 mph.
Skies go partly cloudy on Monday and temperatures warm nicely by day's end. An isolated shower or thunderstorm cannot be ruled out along a boundary situated through the southeastern parts of our viewing area. Look for the thermometer to reach into the lower to mid 80s.
Partly cloudy weather will be a fixture for the Tuesday through Thursday time frame. Mid to upper 80s can be expected on Tuesday while a jump to around 90 is likely for both Wednesday and Thursday.
It is possible that a dryline could become active mid-week. Afternoon thunderstorms are not out of the question particularly on Wednesday. We will be watching these developments closely over the next few days.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase