ABILENE, Texas - This morning we are tracking partly cloudy skies for most of West Texas. South winds have backed off a touch from 10-15 mph. Temperatures are in the lower to mid 70s for just about everyone.
Mostly sunny weather conditions are expected this afternoon along with highs climbing back into the middle 90s. South winds crank from 15-25 mph with higher gusts.
A few clouds will be around tonight as lows fall off into the lower to mid 70s once again. Southerly winds blow from 15-25 mph.
Saturday shakes out mainly sunny and windy across the region. South winds go from 20-30 mph gusting higher at times. The mercury pushes back into the mid 90s.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms may approach our northernmost counties Saturday evening. This wet weather is forecast to stay north of the I-20 corridor into Sunday morning.
A mix of sun and clouds should rule for many hours on Sunday across West Texas. Sunshine will boost readings back into the lower 90s. South winds go at 15-20 mph.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms should begin to break out during the evening and overnight hours. Strong to severe storms are a possibility. Periods of wetness look to stick around into late Monday morning. Eventually some sunshine breaks out Monday afternoon and temperatures get into the middle and upper 80s before all is said and done.
Sunshine dominates the forecast from Tuesday through Thursday. Tuesday gives highs in the upper 80s, Wednesday the lower 90s, and Thursday the middle 90s
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated