ABILENE, Texas - Mostly clear skies are with us this Wednesday morning along with temperatures in the lower to mid 70s. Southeast winds have been blowing from 5-10 mph.
This afternoon mixed sun and clouds will be common across West Texas with an isolated shower or thundershower possible. Readings reach the upper 90s. Southeast winds go around 10 mph.
Scattered clouds are expected to be around tonight as readings fall back into the lower to mid 70s. South southeast winds stay light near 5 mph.
Thursday starts mostly sunny but afternoon clouds assemble and scattered showers and thundershowers are expected to develop in our northwest counties during the afternoon. This activity will slowly move south and east through the evening. Max temps touch the mid-upper 90s and southeast winds blow at 10-15 mph.
Scattered showers and thundershowers continue in the forecast for Friday under a general partly sunny sky. An all-day rain is not predicted but instead intervals of wet weather are expected. The mercury tops out in the lower 90s. Southeast winds will not be much of a factor around 10 mph.
A continued chance for scattered thundershowers will exist on Saturday. The trend, however, on recent computer model runs is for the best moisture to move off to the south and east. We will continue to monitor this weather system very closely over the next 24-48 hours as some of the finer details should become much clearer. Winds are projected to be from the south near 10 mph.
Drier weather is maintained for Sunday and Labor Day Monday. Partly cloudy conditions seem a good bet while temperatures warm into the middle to upper 90s on Sunday and possibly near 100 degrees by Monday. Southerly breezes pick it up a bit from 10-20 mph.
Sunshine and mixed clouds can be anticipated on Tuesday. The thermometer registers a number in the upper 90s. Breezy south winds go at near 15 mph.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated