ABILENE, Texas - Mostly clear skies are with us this Wednesday morning along with temperatures in the lower to mid 70s. Southeast winds have been blowing from 5-10 mph.
This afternoon mixed sun and clouds will be common across West Texas with an isolated shower or thundershower possible. Readings reach the upper 90s. Southeast winds go around 10 mph.
Scattered clouds are expected to be around tonight as readings fall back into the lower to mid 70s. South southeast winds stay light near 5 mph.
Thursday starts mostly sunny but afternoon clouds assemble and scattered showers and thundershowers are expected to develop in our northwest counties during the afternoon. This activity will slowly move south and east through the evening. Max temps touch the mid-upper 90s and southeast winds blow at 10-15 mph.
Scattered showers and thundershowers continue in the forecast for Friday under a general partly sunny sky. An all-day rain is not predicted but instead intervals of wet weather are expected. The mercury tops out in the lower 90s. Southeast winds will not be much of a factor around 10 mph.
A continued chance for scattered thundershowers will exist on Saturday. The trend, however, on recent computer model runs is for the best moisture to move off to the south and east. We will continue to monitor this weather system very closely over the next 24-48 hours as some of the finer details should become much clearer. Winds are projected to be from the south near 10 mph.
Drier weather is maintained for Sunday and Labor Day Monday. Partly cloudy conditions seem a good bet while temperatures warm into the middle to upper 90s on Sunday and possibly near 100 degrees by Monday. Southerly breezes pick it up a bit from 10-20 mph.
Sunshine and mixed clouds can be anticipated on Tuesday. The thermometer registers a number in the upper 90s. Breezy south winds go at near 15 mph.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash