ABILENE, Texas - Scattered highs clouds and a bit of haze are with us early today and temperatures are in the middle 70s. Winds are out of the south southeast from 5-10 mph.
This afternoon sunshine will be plentiful while the mercury moves into the middle and upper 90s area wide. Another very humid is expected. Southeast breezes come at us from 10-15 mph. Rain chances are nonexistent.
Tonight we drop off into the mid 70s under mostly fair skies.
Tuesday and Wednesday are expected to turn out very similarly with minimal, if any, cloud cover and readings running into the upper 90s. Winds stay light both afternoons.
Full blown heat takes hold Thursday and should extend through the upcoming weekend. It is conceivable each afternoon posts triple digit highs.
Look for full sunshine Thursday and a high very near 100 degrees.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday all appear to be headed for the lower 100s under sunny skies. Winds become a bit breezier on the last day of the work week and that carries into the weekend ahead.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated