ABILENE, Texas - Scattered highs clouds and a bit of haze are with us early today and temperatures are in the middle 70s. Winds are out of the south southeast from 5-10 mph.
This afternoon sunshine will be plentiful while the mercury moves into the middle and upper 90s area wide. Another very humid is expected. Southeast breezes come at us from 10-15 mph. Rain chances are nonexistent.
Tonight we drop off into the mid 70s under mostly fair skies.
Tuesday and Wednesday are expected to turn out very similarly with minimal, if any, cloud cover and readings running into the upper 90s. Winds stay light both afternoons.
Full blown heat takes hold Thursday and should extend through the upcoming weekend. It is conceivable each afternoon posts triple digit highs.
Look for full sunshine Thursday and a high very near 100 degrees.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday all appear to be headed for the lower 100s under sunny skies. Winds become a bit breezier on the last day of the work week and that carries into the weekend ahead.
- Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash