ABILENE, Texas - Skies are mostly clear to partly cloudy this Thursday morning and winds continue breezy for most folks within the viewing area. Temperatures reside in the middle 70s to begin. The radar remains quiet.
This afternoon sunshine is expected to be plentiful moving the mercury into the middle to upper 90s. South winds crank from 15-25 mph. A very subtle disturbance moving from south to north just off to our east could potentially trigger a shower in our easternmost areas this afternoon. Monsoonal moisture to our west remains to our west into tonight.
Fair skies are predicted for the evening hours all the way into Friday morning. Lows bottom out in the middle 70s. Winds blow from the south at close to 15 mph.
Very warm and sunny weather rolls into Friday with upper 90s expected. Southerly flow continues to come at West Texas from 10-20 mph.
Our weekend forecast continues to look hot and dry. Readings press into the upper 90s on Saturday and Sunday. Breezy south winds at 10-20 mph on the first half of the weekend slacken a touch and turn to the southeast on Sunday.
Going into the first parts of next work week, hot conditions continue to look likely over West Texas. High pressure controls our maps thus making rainfall unlikely until at least Wednesday. The thermometer reaches the upper 90s. Southeast winds go at 10-15 mph.
A few more clouds make it into the mix for Wednesday. High temperatures top out in the middle 90s. A chance for an afternoon or early evening thundershower is a possibility. Southeasterly winds will be a bit lighter around 10-15 mph.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer