ABILENE, Texas - Very breezy conditions are with us Tuesday morning across all of West Texas!
Red Flag Warnings are in effect for King, Knox, Kent, Stonewall, and Scurry counties. These warnings run from late morning into the mid-evening hours. Fire danger will be elevated for all of West Texas this afternoon.
Sunny skies are expected through the day along with warmer temperatures in the lower and middle 80s. Southwest winds will become westerly and then northwesterly this afternoon and blow around 20 mph. Gusts can reach even higher.
Mostly clear weather is predicted for tonight with lows dropping off into chilly territory in the upper 30s. Northerly winds will continue breezy at 10-20 mph.
Sunshine carries forth into Wednesday and Thursday. Readings will be held in the middle 60s on Wednesday afternoon while southerly winds warm Thursday and push the mercury into the middle and upper 70s.
Increasing clouds are in the forecast for Friday with highs topping out in the lower 80s. A slight chance for a shower or thundershower exists late evening for our eastern counties.
Saturday we expect a partly cloudy sky. Highs aim for the upper 60s.
More clouds than sun are projected for Sunday with a 20% chance for scattered showers and possibly a thundershower. Look for cooler temperatures in the upper 50s.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend