ABILENE, Texas - Very breezy conditions are with us Tuesday morning across all of West Texas!
Red Flag Warnings are in effect for King, Knox, Kent, Stonewall, and Scurry counties. These warnings run from late morning into the mid-evening hours. Fire danger will be elevated for all of West Texas this afternoon.
Sunny skies are expected through the day along with warmer temperatures in the lower and middle 80s. Southwest winds will become westerly and then northwesterly this afternoon and blow around 20 mph. Gusts can reach even higher.
Mostly clear weather is predicted for tonight with lows dropping off into chilly territory in the upper 30s. Northerly winds will continue breezy at 10-20 mph.
Sunshine carries forth into Wednesday and Thursday. Readings will be held in the middle 60s on Wednesday afternoon while southerly winds warm Thursday and push the mercury into the middle and upper 70s.
Increasing clouds are in the forecast for Friday with highs topping out in the lower 80s. A slight chance for a shower or thundershower exists late evening for our eastern counties.
Saturday we expect a partly cloudy sky. Highs aim for the upper 60s.
More clouds than sun are projected for Sunday with a 20% chance for scattered showers and possibly a thundershower. Look for cooler temperatures in the upper 50s.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer