ABILENE, Texas - Good Monday to everyone across West Texas! Today partly cloudy skies are expected with much warmer temperatures in the middle 80s.
A chance for thunderstorms exists late this afternoon and evening across our southern and eastern counties along a weak cold front / wind shift boundary settling slowly southward through the region. Winds from the south southwest will turn to the north this afternoon and blow from 10-15 mph.
Scattered clouds will be around tonight as readings remain mild in the upper 50s to near 60 degrees. Any isolated thunderstorm in southern sections during the evening dissipates long before sunrise Tuesday morning.
A good deal of sunshine is expected on Tuesday and pushes the mercury back above normal into at least the lower 80s. East winds blow at 5-15 mph.
Wednesday afternoon and evening brings us our next chance of thunderstorms in association with an approaching dryline. Look for partly cloudy conditions otherwise. South winds start rolling from 15-25 mph. Very warm air in the upper 80s to near 90 degrees is forecast by day's end.
Lots of sunshine and dry weather is the story for Thursday. Look for warm temperatures in the middle to upper 80s.
Partly cloudy skies are predicted for Friday and Saturday. Unseasonable warmth pushes into West Texas as highs head for the lower 90s. A thunderstorm is a possibility both afternoons.
We keep it very warm into the back half of the weekend also. The thermometer registers another near 90 temperature under a mix of sun and clouds. A thunderstorm cannot be ruled out.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade