ABILENE, Texas - This morning we have been tracking some scattered showers in some of our southern areas. McCulloch, Concho, and Tom Green counties have seen a bit of wet weather. Otherwise, skies are mostly cloudy and southerly breezes have diminished to around 5 mph. Temperatures start off around 70 degrees.
The rest of Friday looks to turn out partly cloudy and dry for most of us but a very isolated thundershower cannot be ruled out in the southern half of our viewing area. South winds will come at us from 10-15 mph while the mercury focuses on the middle and upper 80s.
Tonight skies are to remain mostly cloudy while low temperatures fall off into the lower 70s. A few showers may try to develop overnight in our western counties.
A mix of sun and clouds is expected on Saturday along with a very slight risk for a thunderstorm to develop. Highs get up to around 90 degrees by day's end. South winds go from 10-20 mph.
Plentiful sunshine and hot air is predicted for the back half of the weekend. Readings reach the lower to middle 90s. Southerly flow continues brisk from 15-20 mph.
Partly cloudy skies are in the forecast for Monday. An isolated late day storm is a possibility. Temperatures head for the lower to mid 90s.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible on Tuesday and Wednesday as well. Timing any bouts of wet weather this far out is very difficult but intervals of rainfall will be tracked. Anticipate highs in the upper 80s to lower 90s into the midweek period.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon