ABILENE, Texas - This morning we have been tracking some scattered showers in some of our southern areas. McCulloch, Concho, and Tom Green counties have seen a bit of wet weather. Otherwise, skies are mostly cloudy and southerly breezes have diminished to around 5 mph. Temperatures start off around 70 degrees.
The rest of Friday looks to turn out partly cloudy and dry for most of us but a very isolated thundershower cannot be ruled out in the southern half of our viewing area. South winds will come at us from 10-15 mph while the mercury focuses on the middle and upper 80s.
Tonight skies are to remain mostly cloudy while low temperatures fall off into the lower 70s. A few showers may try to develop overnight in our western counties.
A mix of sun and clouds is expected on Saturday along with a very slight risk for a thunderstorm to develop. Highs get up to around 90 degrees by day's end. South winds go from 10-20 mph.
Plentiful sunshine and hot air is predicted for the back half of the weekend. Readings reach the lower to middle 90s. Southerly flow continues brisk from 15-20 mph.
Partly cloudy skies are in the forecast for Monday. An isolated late day storm is a possibility. Temperatures head for the lower to mid 90s.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible on Tuesday and Wednesday as well. Timing any bouts of wet weather this far out is very difficult but intervals of rainfall will be tracked. Anticipate highs in the upper 80s to lower 90s into the midweek period.
- Updated Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- Updated North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Updated Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog