ABILENE, Texas - This morning we are tracking only scattered clouds across West Texas with warm and muggy readings in the upper 60s to lower 70s. South winds have been flowing in from 5-10 mph.
This afternoon looks to be filled with sunshine and just some passing clouds. The thermometer reads lower 90s by day's end.
Most areas will remain dry but a very isolated shower or thundershower cannot be ruled out mainly along the border of our eastern viewing area. South winds blow from 10-20 mph.
Friday turns out partly cloudy and quite breezy for all of our region. Southerly winds crank from 15-25 mph with higher gusts. The mercury moves into the lower to mid 90s.
Saturday and Sunday are both predicted to give more sunshine than clouds. Another fixture of this weekend will be hot temperatures well into the 90s. Expect windy conditions out of the south at 20-25 mph with higher gusts.
As of now we are leaving the forecast dry but the dryline is being monitored for possible afternoon isolated development primarily on Saturday evening.
The weather pattern stays dry and hot into the early days of next week. Expect plentiful sunshine and highs climbing into the middle 90s. Breezes continue.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking