ABILENE, Texas - With the exception of slight afternoon rain chances Saturday and Sunday, the forecast ahead looks dry and toasty.
Fortunately, a steady south wind will bring in moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. This won't translate to rain chances but the increased humidity will help to keep afternoon highs from warming to the triple digits.
Overnight Saturday we'll cool into the low 70s with mostly clear skies. There will be the chance for an early evening shower or storm but those chances will fall overnight.
Sunday we'll see mostly sunny skies with highs in the mid 90s.
It'll be fair overnight with lows in the low 70s by Monday morning. Throughout the day we'll see highs climb to the mid 90s again.
High pressure will set up over the western part of the country and continue to be a big player in our forecast.
Wednesday we'll see a weak disturbance move through. Instead of rain we'll likely just see increased cloud cover with afternoon temps in the low 90s.
Thursday, the sunshine returns with temps in the mid 90s.
As we round out the work week and head into the weekend, the forecast stays quiet. We'll see more sunshine both days with afternoon temps in the mid 90s.
Nighttime temps throughout the week will cool to the low 70s.
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- Updated Melissa Valdez: Triple digit temperatures return to the forecast