ABILENE, Texas - Temperatures will warm to the mid 90s Father's Day with just a slight chance for late-day showers.
Highs Sunday will warm to the low to mid 90s with south winds at 15 to 20 mph.
Slight shower chances return during the late afternoon/early evening hours.
Monday we'll warm to the mid 90s with mostly sunny skies. A few storms may develop on the dryline and move in during the afternoon.
We'll cool to the low 70s Monday night before warming to the low 90s Tuesday afternoon.
While the forecast through Saturday will be a dry one, we'll see unstable air settle in. High humidities and hot afternoons mean that it won't take much to trigger a shower or thunderstorm.
We'll continue to monitor storm chances through next week.
Highs through the rest of the week and into the weekend will continue to top out in the low to mid 90s. Overnight temps will cool to the low 70s.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide