ABILENE, Texas - Temperatures will warm to the mid 90s Father's Day with just a slight chance for late-day showers.
Highs Sunday will warm to the low to mid 90s with south winds at 15 to 20 mph.
Slight shower chances return during the late afternoon/early evening hours.
Monday we'll warm to the mid 90s with mostly sunny skies. A few storms may develop on the dryline and move in during the afternoon.
We'll cool to the low 70s Monday night before warming to the low 90s Tuesday afternoon.
While the forecast through Saturday will be a dry one, we'll see unstable air settle in. High humidities and hot afternoons mean that it won't take much to trigger a shower or thunderstorm.
We'll continue to monitor storm chances through next week.
Highs through the rest of the week and into the weekend will continue to top out in the low to mid 90s. Overnight temps will cool to the low 70s.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot