ABILENE, Texas - Temperatures will warm to the mid 90s Father's Day with just a slight chance for late-day showers.
Highs Sunday will warm to the low to mid 90s with south winds at 15 to 20 mph.
Slight shower chances return during the late afternoon/early evening hours.
Monday we'll warm to the mid 90s with mostly sunny skies. A few storms may develop on the dryline and move in during the afternoon.
We'll cool to the low 70s Monday night before warming to the low 90s Tuesday afternoon.
While the forecast through Saturday will be a dry one, we'll see unstable air settle in. High humidities and hot afternoons mean that it won't take much to trigger a shower or thunderstorm.
We'll continue to monitor storm chances through next week.
Highs through the rest of the week and into the weekend will continue to top out in the low to mid 90s. Overnight temps will cool to the low 70s.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth