ABILENE, Texas - As high pressure builds into West Texas, rain chances stay out and the mercury continues to reach into the 90s.
Overnight Sunday we'll see mostly clear skies with lows cooling into the low 70s.
As we head back to work, try to stick to the A/C. We'll see plenty of sunshine with highs warming into the mid 90s.
Similar conditions set up for Tuesday with morning temps in the low 70s, clear skies, and highs reaching into the mid 90s.
Meanwhile, a cold front will begin pushing into the state. Unfortunately, this front will lose momentum and stall out before it arrives in the Big Country.
While the rain chances look to be too far north for us, we will see an increase in cloud cover.
Afternoon temps will reach into the low 90s, Wednesday.
This front will wash out overnight Wednesday, taking any cloud cover with it.
We'll see mostly sunny skies with highs warming to the mid 90s Thursday afternoon.
As we round out the work week, we're tracking our high pressure to intensify and build into the Central Plains.
This keeps rain chances from the forecast with afternoon highs running in the mid 90s through the weekend. Nighttime lows will continue to settle in the low to mid 70s.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer