ABILENE, Texas - As high pressure builds into West Texas, rain chances stay out and the mercury continues to reach into the 90s.
Overnight Sunday we'll see mostly clear skies with lows cooling into the low 70s.
As we head back to work, try to stick to the A/C. We'll see plenty of sunshine with highs warming into the mid 90s.
Similar conditions set up for Tuesday with morning temps in the low 70s, clear skies, and highs reaching into the mid 90s.
Meanwhile, a cold front will begin pushing into the state. Unfortunately, this front will lose momentum and stall out before it arrives in the Big Country.
While the rain chances look to be too far north for us, we will see an increase in cloud cover.
Afternoon temps will reach into the low 90s, Wednesday.
This front will wash out overnight Wednesday, taking any cloud cover with it.
We'll see mostly sunny skies with highs warming to the mid 90s Thursday afternoon.
As we round out the work week, we're tracking our high pressure to intensify and build into the Central Plains.
This keeps rain chances from the forecast with afternoon highs running in the mid 90s through the weekend. Nighttime lows will continue to settle in the low to mid 70s.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide