ABILENE, Texas - As high pressure builds into West Texas, rain chances stay out and the mercury continues to reach into the 90s.
Overnight Sunday we'll see mostly clear skies with lows cooling into the low 70s.
As we head back to work, try to stick to the A/C. We'll see plenty of sunshine with highs warming into the mid 90s.
Similar conditions set up for Tuesday with morning temps in the low 70s, clear skies, and highs reaching into the mid 90s.
Meanwhile, a cold front will begin pushing into the state. Unfortunately, this front will lose momentum and stall out before it arrives in the Big Country.
While the rain chances look to be too far north for us, we will see an increase in cloud cover.
Afternoon temps will reach into the low 90s, Wednesday.
This front will wash out overnight Wednesday, taking any cloud cover with it.
We'll see mostly sunny skies with highs warming to the mid 90s Thursday afternoon.
As we round out the work week, we're tracking our high pressure to intensify and build into the Central Plains.
This keeps rain chances from the forecast with afternoon highs running in the mid 90s through the weekend. Nighttime lows will continue to settle in the low to mid 70s.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash