ABILENE, Texas - Our storm chances are on the rise Wednesday afternoon, following a very hot day.
Look for temperatures climbing into the mid 90s with mostly sunny skies. Dewpoints in the 60s will make it feel muggy, but south winds at 10 to 20 mph will bring a little relief.
Current thinking has storms developing near Lubbock and Midland, along the dryline.
These storms have the potential to hold together and move into our western counties late in the afternoon.
Into the evening, these storms will continue to push east, bringing rain chances to the rest of our area.
Any rain we see will move east by Thursday morning with lows cooling into the mid 70s.
We'll track a cold front through the region Thursday. Ahead of the front, we'll still see highs in the low to mid 90s.
The front does bring with it a chance for more showers, especially east of Abilene.
We'll cool to the upper 60s by Friday morning.
From there, look for highs in the upper 80s and low 90s with a good mix of clouds and sun.
The weekend looks sunny and hot with afternoon highs in the mid 90s.
Breezy winds develop Monday, coming in from the south at 10 to 20 mph.
While high pressure will continue to be the main player in our forecast as we kick off our next work week, a weak disturbance will pass by, bringing rain chances back.
We'll see a 20% chance for showers Monday with highs in the mid 90s. Lows cool to the low 70s overnight with rain chances lingering.
Tuesday looks drier and hot again with highs around 95.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer