ABILENE, Texas - After significant hail damage Thursday night, the weather quiets down for Friday. Storm chances are back in the forecast overnight.
Look for highs warming into the upper 80s with muggy air settling in.
We'll see a good mix of clouds and sun throughout the day with south winds at 5 to 15 mph.
Late this afternoon we're tracking the chance for storms to develop in eastern New Mexico. As these storms move east, there's a chance they could hold together and bring more rain to our region.
Strong winds and heavy rain will be the main dangers but the hail threat will likely be diminished before the storms arrive.
Lows tonight will cool to around 70 degrees.
Saturday, Flag Day, looks to bring a good mix of clouds and sun with highs in the low 90s.
We'll cool to the low 70s with breezy winds overnight.
Sunday looks mostly sunny with highs in the mid 90s with light south winds.
Into next week, look for the heat to stick around with highs in the low to mid 90s. We'll see breezy south winds at 15 to 20 mph.
Overnight lows will cool to the low 70s.
For now, we're keeping the forecast dry but very unstable air will settle in. This means it won't take much to trigger a shower or thunderstorm.
- Updated Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Updated Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Updated Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Updated Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash