ABILENE, Texas - Beneficial rainfall is on the horizon thanks to a series of disturbances and a cold front.
Thunderstorms will likely develop to the west of our area before moving in overnight Saturday.
The severe weather threat will diminish late tonight but strong winds and hail will still be possible with any thunderstorms that we see.
Lows will cool to the low 70s with southeast winds at 10 to 20 mph.
Showers and storms will be possible through the early morning hours Sunday. After the initial band of morning storms moves east, lingering showers will remain.
Highs Sunday will be a few degrees cooler than day's past, thanks to a bit more cloud cover. Afternoon temps will warm to around 90 degrees.
Overnight Sunday we'll track a cold front into the area. This will result in another band of showers and thunderstorms that will persist through Monday morning.
Behind the front, we'll see scattered showers that will continue during the afternoon.
Highs will warm to the mid 80s.
Showers come to an end overnight Monday and stay out of the forecast through the start of the weekend.
We'll see a brief warming trend with afternoon highs Tuesday in the upper 80s. By Thursday, highs will top out in the upper 90s.
A weak cold front will move in overnight Thursday. By Friday morning we'll be down into the upper 60s.
Friday afternoon, temperatures will warm to the low 90s.
More sunshine returns Saturday with highs in the mid 90s.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday