ABILENE, Texas - An afternoon cold front will bring a chance for severe weather to the Big Country and Heartland Thursday.
Ahead of the cold front, highs will still warm to the low to mid 90s for much of the area.
As the front collides with unstable air in the Heartland, the chance for thunderstorms emerges.
The best time frame for storm chances looks to be the afternoon. Some of these storms could reach severe levels with strong winds and large hail being the main danger.
Overnight the storm chances will come to an end for us with lows cooling into the upper 60s.
Friday, look for a good mix of clouds and sunshine with afternoon highs near 90 degrees.
Saturday the heat returns as high pressure builds back in. We're tracking weekend highs in the mid 90s with a mix of clouds and sun Saturday and Sunday.
There will be a slight chance for afternoon storms on Monday along the dryline. Highs will warm to the low to mid 90s.
Tuesday and Wednesday look drier, once again, with highs in the mid 90s.
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants
- Updated Cash Saver renovating property for new Abilene location