ABILENE, Texas - It'll be a quiet start to the work week but an afternoon cold front will bring more showers to the forecast.
Overnight Sunday, we continue to track the chance for severe storms. Any storms that develop will start out west and move into our region.
The main dangers will be large hail and strong winds.
Storms will clear the area by Monday morning with clouds remaining and lows cooling to the low 60s.
Monday we'll see a good mix of clouds and sun. Highs will warm into the mid 80s with a late afternoon cold front moving in.
This cold front could bring showers back to our eastern and southern counties.
Things will quiet down Monday night with a few lingering clouds. Lows will cool to the upper 50s.
High pressure returns briefly on Tuesday with sunshine and highs in the low 80s.
Wednesday begins with a few clouds, temperatures in the low 60s. By the afternoon we'll be mostly clear again but the dryline could bring us more in the way of storms.
Storms that do develop will start out west and move in throughout the late afternoon and early evening.
Highs will warm to the mid to upper 80s.
Thursday looks drier with highs in the upper 80s and low 90s. Friday will be more of the same, warm and sunny.
Saturday, we're tracking an increase in cloud cover ahead of our next weather maker.
It'll be an upper level low that will approach from the west. Highs Saturday will warm into the upper 80s Saturday.
The shower chances are on the rise Saturday night with lows in the mid 60s. More rain is on tap for Sunday with cloudy skies and highs in the low 80s.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday