ABILENE, Texas - A pattern of unsettled weather will set up for the first part of the week with heavy rain and thunderstorms possible.
Overnight Sunday there will be a slim chance for isolated thunderstorms. These storms could potentially become severe, producing large hail and damaging winds.
Any convection we see will likely wane before sunrise Monday, after which we'll see the storm chances quiet down for a bit.
Monday starts out in the upper 60s and low 70s but a late morning cold front will keep us from warming up too much.
Highs will likely top out in the low 80s with a 30% chance for showers and thunderstorms along and head of the cold front.
Overnight Monday the thundershowers will continue with lows cooling to around 50 degrees.
Tuesday, more rain chances return, especially around the Heartland and Concho Valley. Highs will warm modestly into the mid 60s with a north wind at 10 to 20 mph.
Overnight the rain chances will end. Lows will be on the cool side, into the upper 40s.
Wednesday, look for mostly sunny skies with a high of 72.
Quieter weather will continue after that. Overnight Wednesday, it'll be clear and cool with lows in the upper 40s and low 50s.
Our warming trend will kick off with highs back to around 80 Thursday.
Clear weather and warm temperatures settle in as we round out the work week.
Friday, highs will top out around 90 degrees.
Saturday and Sunday we're tracking sunshine and highs in the low to mid 90s.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated