ABILENE, Texas - A disturbance will bring in shower chances overnight Saturday and keep them going into Easter Sunday.
Overnight look for lows around 60 degrees with mostly cloud skies.
Rain chances will increase late in the evening as an area of low pressure moves in from the west.
This disturbance will be responsible for widespread showers throughout the morning on Easter Sunday.
As this rain winds down, another round of storm chances will emerge through the afternoon hours.
The Storm Prediction Center has a "Slight Risk" of severe weather in place for our western counties Sunday afternoon. With unstable, moist air in place for most of the region, daytime heating will likely bring about severe weather.
The main danger with any storms that develop will be large hail and damaging winds.
Highs will warm to the mid 70s with mostly cloudy skies.
Overnight the activity will wind down but the clouds should remain in place. Lows fall to around 60 degrees.
Monday, we'll see our next cold front arrive. This cold front will bring a slight chance for showers in the Heartland and Eastern Big Country. Highs ahead of the front will warm to the low 80s.
Overnight, look for lows in the mid 50s. It'll be mostly clear as we head into the evening hours but the clouds will increase towards daybreak Tuesday.
High pressure builds in Tuesday, yielding sunshine and highs around 80.
Wednesday begins with a few clouds and morning temps in the low 60s. We'll warm to the mid 80s by the afternoon. There will be a slight chance for afternoon t'storms in our western counties as the dryline sets up.
Thursday looks to be the warmest day of the forecast with highs approaching 90 degrees. This is all ahead of our next cold front.
This front will move in but stall across the region Thursday afternoon. Overnight look for mostly clear skies with lows in the mid 50s.
Friday, sunshine returns with highs in the low 80s.
Our next warming trend sets up for Saturday. Highs will warm to the upper 80s with breezy winds at 15 to 20 mph under sunny skies.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Updated Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill