ABILENE, Texas - An upper level disturbance will bring good rain chances to the region Sunday and Monday.
For the evening hours on Saturday, shower chances will taper off through midnight as a weak disturbance moves east.
Lows will cool to the mid 40s with mostly cloudy skies.
Towards sunrise Sunday, a strong upper level low will approach from the west. As this moves in, we'll see a surge in moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. This will aid our rain chances through the afternoon and into the evening.
Highs will still run on the cool side, topping out around 60 through the afternoon.
Severe weather isn't expected but you may hear a few rumbles of thunder with the heavier downpours.
Sunday night, we'll dry out a bit but the clouds will linger. Lows will settle in the mid 40s.
Monday, another piece of energy behind the low will bring rain chances back.
We'll see a 30% chance for showers along with mostly cloudy skies and north winds at 15 to 25 mph. Highs will warm to the upper 60s.
Our rain chances will finally end overnight Monday. Lows will cool into the low 40s as the clouds clear out.
Tuesday through Thursday, the forecast quiets down.
We'll warm into the low 70s Tuesday with plenty of sunshine.
By Wednesday we'll warm to the low 80s. Look for the upper 80s on Thursday.
Friday, we're tracking an increase in cloud cover that will cool things down a bit for the afternoon hours. Highs will top out around 80 degrees.
Saturday looks to be the next chance for rain. We're tracking an upper level low that will roll in from the west.
For now, we're calling for afternoon showers with cloudy skies and highs around 80.
We'll continue to monitor those rain chances and adjust the forecast as needed.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated