ABILENE, Texas - The winds will pick up to round out the weekend but it won't stop there.
Overnight Saturday, we'll enjoy mild temperatures and light winds. Lows will cool to the low 60s with an increase in cloud cover.
Sunday, look for highs around 90 degrees with southeast winds at 15 to 25 mph.
While it won't be extremely dry, you should still avoid anything that could start a fire. The winds will cause any fires to spread rapidly.
Overnight we'll cool to the mid 60s with south winds staying strong at 15 to 25.
Monday will be a bit warmer with highs in the low to mid 90s. South winds at 20 to 30 mph will keep the fire danger going.
Tuesday will be the warmest day of the week with highs close to the century mark.
Through the middle of the week an area of low pressure will move into the southwest.
This will result in an increase in cloud cover Wednesday with highs in the mid 90s.
A few isolated t'storms may develop and move into the western Big Country.
Thursday, we're tracking mostly cloudy skies with highs in the mid 80s. A little more upper level energy will also bring in a 20% chance for showers.
Friday, our shower chances dry up but the clouds linger. Highs Friday and Saturday will warm to the mid 80s during the day with nighttime lows in the low to mid 60s.
- Updated Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer