ABILENE, Texas - The winds will pick up to round out the weekend but it won't stop there.
Overnight Saturday, we'll enjoy mild temperatures and light winds. Lows will cool to the low 60s with an increase in cloud cover.
Sunday, look for highs around 90 degrees with southeast winds at 15 to 25 mph.
While it won't be extremely dry, you should still avoid anything that could start a fire. The winds will cause any fires to spread rapidly.
Overnight we'll cool to the mid 60s with south winds staying strong at 15 to 25.
Monday will be a bit warmer with highs in the low to mid 90s. South winds at 20 to 30 mph will keep the fire danger going.
Tuesday will be the warmest day of the week with highs close to the century mark.
Through the middle of the week an area of low pressure will move into the southwest.
This will result in an increase in cloud cover Wednesday with highs in the mid 90s.
A few isolated t'storms may develop and move into the western Big Country.
Thursday, we're tracking mostly cloudy skies with highs in the mid 80s. A little more upper level energy will also bring in a 20% chance for showers.
Friday, our shower chances dry up but the clouds linger. Highs Friday and Saturday will warm to the mid 80s during the day with nighttime lows in the low to mid 60s.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen